Where to find the tool in iRate?
The Net Benefit Comparison tool can be found on iRate by following these steps:
Tools > Super Fund Comparison > Net Benefit Comparison
From the pop-up box, select the options you would like to view and compare.
If you would like to compare a product(s) against a peer group industry average, select Summary Measures.
To add a third product, click on the ‘+’ sign to the right of the second row of boxes.
Note: It is possible to run these charts for one, two or three super fund investment options.
To do this, simply select:
- Fund Product – the product provider. Or select Summary Measures to use a peer group average
- Option type – the risk profile
- The investment option
On the left-hand Settings panel, you can customise the following filters:
- Date: This defaults to the latest quarter for which end data is available. You can select any quarter dating back to 2018.
- Starting salary: Adjust this to your client’s salary at the start of the period for which your analysis applies. The default is $50k.
- Starting account balance: Adjust this to your client’s super account balance at the start of the period for which your analysis applies. The default is $50k.
- Time period: Subject to data availability for the options selected, you can run this for 1, 3 or 5 years. Note: If 3 or 5 years is selected, it will show net benefit for 1 and 3 years, or 1, 3 and 5 years respectively.
- Net Benefit Trend Analysis time period: Select a second time period if you’d like to show multi-period results.
- Charts: Select which charts you would like to run. Note: All charts will run by default.